Terms and Conditions - Nominations and Awards
1. The King of Camden Awards are promoted by WEDGE CARD LIMITED whose principal place of business is at 1-5 Wandsworth Road, London, SW8 2LN, which operates the website www.wedgecard.co.uk, and CAMDEN TOWN UNLIMITED whose principal place of business is 37 Camden High Street, London, NW1 7JE and which operates the website www.turningcamdenon.com
2. Wedge Card holders and members of the public may nominate a business as provided on the King of Camden Awards list of businesses, to be the “best business in Camden Town”, within the agreed six categories. The nominations may be submitted via the website or inside the premises of businesses with ballot boxes.
3. By submitting information to King of Camden Awards, each Camden business agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the terms and conditions of the websites, which are available on the websites. In the event of any inconsistency these Ts and Cs shall prevail.
4. All Nominations will undergo a verification process before appearing on the website as nominees for participation in King of Camden Awards. The eligibility of any nomination is at the sole discretion of the Promoters.
5. All Wedge businesses in Camden will be automatically entered into the Competition. If they do not wish to participate, they will be removed from the competition.
6. By submitting details of the business that you own or are an employee of and confirming your wish to participate in King of Camden Awards, the nominee agrees that:
i) the location and other details of the nominee may be published on the Website;
ii) if available a link to the Nominees website may be placed alongside the detail;
Wedge Card holders who vote will be eligible to win one prize out of a selection.
7. Nominations and Voting
a) The Promoter will open up the Competition Website www.turningcamdenon.com/wedge , for submission of Nominations and voting at 00.00 on 22nd October 2012.
b) Nominations may be submitted via the on-line form or inside the business itself. All Nominations thereafter will be dealt with in the same manner.
c) At 14.00 on 8th November 2012 the ballot paper Vote will close. At 23.00 on 8th November 2012 the online survey Vote will close. The Nominee with the highest number of votes in each of the six categories will be the winner of that category.
d) There will be no further public voting to determine the King of Camden Awards.
The selection will be decided by the number of votes cast for each business within each of the six categories.
The winner for the category Best Wedge Offer will be decided by Wedge Card and Camden Town Unlimited.
9. Awards Ceremony
The Winners within the seven categories will each receive their prizes at an event on 14th November 2012.
10. Details of the seven Finalists will be published on the Websites, www.wedgecard.co.uk
and www.turningcamdenon.com after 14th November 2012. The decision of the Promoters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The results of the Vote, and details of the Nominees, and the Winners of the King of Camden Award can be requested by writing to Camden Town Unlimited and Wedge Card at their addresses set out above after 14th November 2012.
11. By submitting Material to King of Camden Awards each Contributor:
a) represents that he/she is capable of, and entitled to accept these Ts and Cs. For the avoidance of doubt, any person submitting Material to the Promoter must be over 18 years of age. The eligibility of any Contributor is at the sole discretion of the Promoter;
b) warrants that:
i) all the information submitted by him/her in the process is true and accurate;
ii) no third party rights are infringed by his/her submission of Material to the Promoters and that no third party rights will be infringed by the use of any such Material by the Promoters.
c) agrees to indemnify the Promoters against any legal fees, damages and/or other expenses incurred as a direct or indirect consequence of any harm, damage, and/or loss or otherwise suffered by any third party as a result of any Material submitted by that Contributor.
12. The Promoters reserve full editorial control of the Material in King of Camden Awards. The Promoters reserve the right to remove and/or moderate any and all material in King of Camden Awards and/or published on the Website, but the Promoters have no obligation so to do.
13. The Promoters will remove any Material that they deem in their sole discretion to be unsuitable. Material will be unsuitable if it is (by way of example only and not by way of limitation) offensive, abusive, defamatory or unintelligible.
14. All rights (including without limitation, copyright and database rights) in or relating to King of Camden Awards are owned or controlled by or licensed to the Promoters, or otherwise used by the Promoters as permitted by applicable law.
15. The Promoters may wish to use the Material in the future for other purposes such as (by way of example only and not by way of limitation) promotional work. The Promoters reserve the right to require any and each Contributor (and Contributors agree to comply with any such request by the Promoter) to carry out any steps and to complete any and all documents necessary to permit the use of the Material for any such purpose(s).
16. The Promoters do not guarantee the quality or accuracy of any Nominations, reviews or other Material submitted by Contributors. The Promoters do not guarantee that any photographs and/or any other Material submitted by Contributors to accompany recommendations accurately represents the Nominees.
17. Any views, opinions or instructions contained within submitted Material do not represent the views or opinions of the Promoters. The Promoters do not endorse anything submitted by a Contributor that is contained within the Material in the King of Camden Awards and/or on the Website.
18. Data Protection and Privacy
The Promoters will keep details of all Nominees to King of Camden Awards on a database. By verifying participation into the Competition Nominees agree that the Promoters may use this information in the context of the King of Camden Awards on-line, publicly accessible, database. In all other respects personal data will be held for use in accordance with Wedge Card Ltd and Camden Town Unlimited’s Privacy Policies.
19. The Promoters reserve the right to alter any aspect of King of Camden Awards and/or the Website and how it is run and/or managed.
20. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed and performed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction.
21. The voter prize of ‘a cut, colour, treatment and finish’ from HOB Salons Camden is valid Monday to Friday only.
Wedge Card Holders get entry for £3 on the door!
Battersea Pie Winner of Best Food
KOKO Winner of Best Night Out
Fred and Ginger Winner of Best Health & Beauty
Scorpion Shoes Winner of Best Shop
Throughout November, Wedge Card and Camden Town Unlimited have been asking people who work in Camden to vote for their favorite independent shops and businesses in Camden Town.
To celebrate the Wedge Card Re Launch, We are offering a chance to win 8 exciting prices in a lucky draw. If you are signed on to Wedge, you are automatically qualified to take part in our exciting draw. Winners will be picked at random at the end of July
Hi Sushi Salsa, 28 Jamestown Road, Camden Lock
Whole Foods Market Camden are holding a “Fit For Summer” event on Saturday the 21st of May, from 12 to 4pm.
Some of thier best brands will be sampling their products and revealing secrets to look fabulous this summer.
It is a Free event with lots of products to try and taste.
£20 for 30 Minute Massage! Not actually a Wedge offer right now but at this price you can't go wrong. This is the sort of deal you can take advantage of in your lunch break and still have time to eat a sandwich! And it comes with a personal recommendation from our CEO.
Milly hand-picks some of London's up and coming hip-hop talent for a massive throw-down at the Monarch on Wednesday 18th May with 50% off to all Wedge Card Holders (£2)
A year on from 2010’s successful debut, the ‘Red Bull Bedroom Jam Outdoor Arena’ returns as the central showpiece for this year’s Gaymers Camden Crawl festival. Once again occupying the length of Central Camden’s Hawley Crescent for the duration of the May Bank Holiday weekend, the arena will house both main and DJ stages as well as fully licensed bars from midday until 7:00 pm on both days of the event.
Ends Sat 16 April
Following a sell-out run last year, Circolombia are back with a reworking of Urban for 2011.
Circus meets street dance meets hip-hop. Forget everything you know about circus. Circolombia is nothing like the animal jumping circus you remember as a child. Circolombia is gritty, modern, full of attitude and comprised of a motley crew of exuberant young artists, whose awe-inspiring acrobatic prowess is matched by their high voltage energy.
'Hugely entertaining, bristles with attitude... infectiously energetic' Times